Apply and Get Trained
Thank you for completing the interest survey. To become a Merit Badge Counselor with the Boy Scouts of America we require you to be registered, take Youth Protection Training, and Counselor Orientation.
Currently registered adult members can start at step 4.
Questions can be directed to Susan Hart , Senior Development Director at 540-943-6675.
1. Create an account at https://my.scouting.org
2. Take "Youth Protection Training" and print certificate
3. Complete an Adult Application
4. Complete a Merit Badge Council Application
5. Complete Merit Badge Counselor Orientation Video (below) along with the PowerPoint Presentation
6. Mail both applications, Youth Protection Training certificate, and a note stating you completed orientation to:
Stonewall Jackson Area Council
Attn: Council Resources
801 Hopeman Parkway
Waynesboro, VA 22980