Monticello District Advancement
2019 Monticello District Awards and Recognitions
To thank our Scouts and our volunteers, the Monticello District will be awarding the following for 2019:
- Spirit of Scouting Award
- Presented to an individual or group who has shown extraordinary Scouting Spirit through ongoing efforts or on a specific project.
- Outstanding Scouts of the Year (Cub Scout, Scouts BSA, and Venturing)
- This award is presented to outstanding youth in the Monticello District who have performed above and beyond the call of duty in service to Scouting, community, church, their unit, or the council or district.
- At least one award will be given at each level of Scouting (Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing)
- Outstanding Eagle Project of the Year
- Presented to recognize valuable service of an exceptional nature by an Eagle Scout candidate to a religious institution, a school, community, or other entity through completion of an Eagle Scout project in 2019.
- Unit Scouter/Volunteer of the Year
- Every unit should nominate a Scouter or volunteer based on their noteworthy service to the unit over the last chartered year. This award can be presented to a person, a couple, a business or whomever the unit feels has provided noteworthy service to the Pack, Troop, Crew, or Post.This award can be given to someone who is not a registered leader.
- District Award of Merit
- The District Award of Merit is given to Scouters who render service of an outstanding nature at the district level. Use the District Award of Merit nomination form to nominate a candidate.
Please see the 2019 Monticello District Award and Recognitions Packet for details on submitting a nominee for one of the awards and for the nomination form.
Eagle Project Workbook
Use this link to download the latest copy of the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook. On that page, you should right click on the link and save the workbook to disk.
Eagle Project Approval
Before you begin work on your Eagle Scout Service Project, you must complete the Project Proposal section in the workbook and have it approved by the beneficiary, your unit leader, your unit committee, and the District representative. The Monticello District representative who approves Eagle Projects is Jay Fox.
Before contacting Mr. Fox, please read his Letter to Prospective Eagle Scouts. His contact information can be found in the letter.
Eagle Board of Review
Use this link to download the most recent version of the Eagle Rank Application.
After the application is complete, the unit can request an Eagle board of review. A district representative must sit on the board. A unit leader, preferably the adult who will chair the board of review, should contact Hamp Carruth to arrange the Eagle board of review. The candidate should send a copy of their Eagle rank application with signatures, Eagle project workbook with signatures, and ambitions and life purpose paper to Hamp Carruth.